Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone from me and my elf!

Poster drawing by Trish Castro.  (As if anyone else would want to take the credit)!


Photo and info from Wikipedia - Click Blarney Stone to access the links that were included in the info below.  I would love to visit Blarney Castle and inherit the gift of gab!  Who has more fun than the Irish!  

The Blarney Stone (IrishCloch na Blarnan) is a block of bluestone built into the battlements of Blarney CastleBlarney, about 8 kilometres (5 mi) from CorkIreland. According to legend, kissing the stone endows the kisser with the gift of the gab (great eloquence or skill at flattery). The stone was set into a tower of the castle in 1446. The castle is a popular tourist site in Ireland, attracting visitors from all over the world to kiss the stone and tour the castle and its gardens.
The word blarney has come to mean "clever, flattering, or coaxing talk". John O'Connor Power's definition is succinct: 'Blarney is something more than mere flattery. It is flattery sweetened by humour and flavoured by wit. Those who mix with Irish folk have many examples of it in their everyday experience.'[1]

Have an enjoyable and safe St. Patrick's Day and enjoy your corned beef or Irish Stew and of course your green beer!    

6 comments:

  1. SEEMS TO ME THAT YOU DON'T NEED TO KISS THE BLARNEY STONE TO GET THE GIFT OF GAB.
    FROM THE WAY YOU WRITE YOU ALREADY HAVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying so but I'm not sure I would call my writing that of someone having the gift of gab. The words just come easier for me when I write which is fine with me. I would rather write than talk anyway. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WRITING IS TALKING. YOU ARE PUTING WORDS FROM YOUR BRAIN ON PAPER. WHICH I MIGHT ADD THAT YOU DO A GREAT JOB OF.GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR BOOK. MW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. I think what I meant is my writing is rather plain and to the point which some people find dull. I can be clever but it is not my style of writing so I try to choose topics that might interest people without getting out of my comfort zone. What I would really like to do is post all the song lyrics I ever wrote but then people might use them without my permission. I'll have to find another outlet for those and stick to cooking, gardening, crafting and daily living topics for my blog.

      Delete
  4. HAPPY ST.PATS TO YOU AND YOUR SISTER.MW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was quiet. We ate Irish stew and watched The Grey. Loves me some Liam but not the movie so much! That rotten low-down, double dealing, side-winding. low slung, slit tongue critter Grey! Grrr!

      Delete